Publisher: EA Games
Release Date: December 6, 2004 ~ December 12, 2014(updated)
OS: WindowsXP - Windows Vista (32/64)- Windows 7 (32/64)- Windows 8 (32/64)
CPU: 1.3GHz Processor or higher
RAM: 256MB or higher
HDD: 4GB Hard Disk Space
VGA: 32 MB or greater DirectX 9.0b compatible supported video card
Sound: DirectX 9.0b compatible sound card
Internet: 56.6Kbps or better for online play
This is my Master Piece..
I am proud to announce the release of the best "The Battle for Middle-Earth" edition has been ever made by me and Paramartha. Before I continue, I would like to say thanks and give credits to people who contributed to this production.....
-Thanks to Paramartha. Basically, we wouldnt have Online Edition v2.0 if Paramartha didn't code all of these tools. So he takes a big part of the credits.
-Thanks to Rastko Tojagic for the graphic design of the installer and guide movies, well done.
-Thanks to Phill for creating the online server for this game. The online edition wouldn't exist without him.
-Thanks to dijkstra for screen resolution fixer and source codes for BfME Replay Manager and BfME Patch Switcher. He is the best programmer this community has ever had.
-Thanks to T3A: Online and Revora guys for the online server!
-And special thanks to all fellow RTS gamers and veteran BfME players who still have place for this game in their hearts.
NOTE: The Battle for Middle-earth Online Edition is exactly the same as original one. I've used original BfME DVD for the source of Online Edition and I've made it better than EA Games with a lot of tricks, and bug fixes.
The Battle for Middle Earth Online Edition v2.0 Amazing Features:
NO CD-KEY NEEDED !
You dont have to enter CD-KEY. The installer automatically will generate a unique CD-KEY only for you
NO CRACK OR IMAGE FILES !
The game comes with the latest patch 1.06 which doesnt need CD to play. Also you dont need to crack your game. Just install and play
Autodefeated Problem Solved!!
Autodefeat in 5 min was a horrible stuff by EA Games to push people using a legit copy of the game, however this shit bug could happen even if you have the legit copy. Its fixed for good!
Graphic Bug Fixed!!
The game was not working properly and has crappy graphics under the vista/win7/win8. Players had to set compatibility mode of Windows as "windows xp sp2" to run game without bugs, yet most of people had no idea about this, and they thought the game graphics are bad because it is old! lol. This bug fixed at online edition as well.
Game Crashes Fixed!!
The installer made by EA Games was not able to create 'options.ini' file on windows Vista and later editions, so causing game to crash on startup. Online Edition's installer creates needed files automatically.
Auto-detect Screen Resolution İmplemented
This game was created in 2004 and supports up to 1280 x 960 maximum of screen resolution. The newer screens however support resolutions to up to 1900 x 1080 but the game doesn't recognize this and so it unfit to screen. Players had to manually change values(by editing "options.ini") until now. This edition will detect and set your natural screen resolution as well :)
All gaming styles playable
(Single Player:Campaign, Skirmish, Multiplayer:Network, ONLINE )
Added BfME Replay Manager Plus Tool
This amazing application made by dijkstra & kruskal These two Turk players and programmers new to the game and community, I am so glad to have them on the board. This amazing application reminded me BfME Online server and QM system, i cant stop thinking of it. Future looks really good, i can feel it :)
Also we have noticed while working on this application that, this community is really good as much as it is bad. Because that was great to see how players supported us and willing to do translate for Replay Manager. Thanks all of them for their support and love of the BfME. Special Thanks to Paramartha who updated to Replay Manager for the support all patches, amazing job!
- Edit your replay file names or replay in game names (Last Replay), manually or automatically.
- An option to start the game with the same game version used within the replay. (supports 1.03/1.04/1.05 for now)
- Choose a custom replay folder.
- See who was the host of the replay.
- See who saved the replay.
- See replay date.
- See game duration.
- See map name and picture.
- See players names of the replay.
- See players colors.
- See players Armies (if no random)
- See player's IPs and flags of their nations.
- Multi language support.
- English by dijkstra
- Turkish by dijkstra
- German by Finkreghan
- Hungraian by Szmine
- Italian by Forgondor
- Spanish by Randall
- Serbian by GaleTTi
- Portuguese by ReiCasca
- Dutch by THORONGIL
- Russian by Adyl
Added Bfme Patch Switcher.
Dream comes true... After 10 years finally we have an amazing Patchswitcher made by Paramartha and me by using djkstra bfme2 patchswitcher codes as the source.This Patchswitcher supports all patches since 2004 to 2014. You can change the game's patch with only one click :)
Added Deamon Tools Image Files for the older patches. (1.05- 1.06 doesn't need that)
The game comes with the latest patch 1.06 which doesnt need CD to play.Also 1.05 doesnt need CD but if you change your patch to previous ones, you will face to "insert correct cd to cd-rom driver" So you need deamon tools and bfme mini images which i did add to installer as well. So if you have Deamon Tools installed just to to start menu and click to "Older patch NO-CD" when you are playing to older patches
Added Desktop Mode Support and Tool
Borderless Windowed Mode, just like the actual games, so thats mean you can surf on the internet while waiting to play a game on the server.
Added Music Switcher Tool
I have done BfME new soundtrack project as promised. It took a lot of time but definitely was worth it, because you guys gonna have amazing fresh BfME experience within this new soundtrack pack.
That was not easy to understand which mp3 files running in game and where? So it was hard job to elimination and understand work systematic over 150 mp3 files. But Ash Nazg|Ricky has done this part of the project very well. I couldnt finish this project if I have no help of him.
As you know there are a lot of good LOTR soundtracks, yet we never heard a lot of them in the BfME. Most of the standard bfme songs are pretty slow and dont make players pump up while gaming. Also we are tired to listen same songs since 2004. (i have had turned off music in the game coz it makes me sleepy)
Especially to watch a replay or to be observer in the game was pain if you listen the game background music. Because it was a song which is 1:04 sec and it is keep looping over and over. You can listen that song below.
If you dont like to listen edited soundtrack music, you can just switch the original one by one click with this tool.. Btw the edited songs works only on multiplayer not campaign.
Added Map-pack and Best Replays
I have added almost all fun and mission maps created for the BfME. You can chose to install these maps or not in the installer as an option. Also i have added 100 TOP Replays based by most download and wubs over gamereplays.org
Advanced Zoom Out File
The Battle for Middle Earth Online Edition Extras:
- Some .dll files created by Microsoft and used by the game are updated to the latest versions. They were old like shit (2004)
- Size of the game is significantly reduced (Original BFME is around 4GB but this edition is only 3GB).
- Game is patched up all the way to the last 1.06 patch, thus no manual patching required
- Included "Advanced Zoom Out" file (Allowing better overview of the map)
- Start-up movies deleted for sake of fast game start-up (EA Games, THX, Geforce, Intel Logo)
- Language filter removed. The language filters purpose is to censor certain words, for example: ****= fuck ****=hell...Now you can easily say "FUCK you idiot" to each others.
GUIDE MOVIE: HOW TO DOWNLOAD-INSTALL and PLAY ONLINE?
GUIDE MOVIE: HOW TO DOWNLOAD from MEGA?
GUIDE MOVIE: HOW TO USE BfME OE TOOLS and DESKTOP MODE?
The Battle for Middle-earth Online Edition ChangeLogs:
- Fixed major bug which caused the autodefeated bug in BfME2
- Fixed major bug which affected other EA Games when you uninstalled The Online Edition.
- Fixed major bug which caused Replay Manager to glitch and mix up replays when trying to sort by replay name, or date modified.
- Fixed minor bug graphic of installation screen that some people were not able to see "next" buttons.
- Deleted bugged maps which caused players to get disconnected from the Online Server.
- Added a new tool called "Advanced Zoom-out"- It changes zoom perspective with 3 options: Zoomed-in (0x zoom), Zoomed-out (1x zoomed out), and Ultrazoomed-out (2x zoomed out) *Ultrazoomed out is compatible with all campaign maps as well* All credits goes to Sloakz from moddb who has edited these all maps. Also thanks to ICT for editing 1.06 maps as well.
- Added The Bfme Desktop mode; which is now made very simple with only one click, and now there is no more difficult settings. Everything works automatically. One thing to remember is that you wont be able to move the map by using the mouse when you are on desktop mode, you have to use the keyboard arrow-keys to move the map; plus Gameranger doesn't supports this mode. This is best feature I have ever seen on this game, and big thanks to Paramartha for making it automatic and easier for all of us to use.
- Added tutorial movies.
- Added new game soundtracks.
DOWNLOAD via TORRENT
DOWNLOAD FROM MEGA.CO.NZ
(We recommend downloading using the desktop client, see the FAQ)